Today, September 16, is National Rock Collecting Day! We LOVE collecting rocks over here. Being located along the shores of Lake Michigan offer us many opportunities to find all sorts of fun rocks. To celebrate today, here are a few activity ideas to do with your kids!
- Take your child to a nearby beach and do some rock collecting! You can even make it a learning time for the younger kids and categorize them according to color, size, type, etc.
- Create a walking path with the rocks in your backyard!
- Make art with the rocks such as getting a wooden frame and hot glueing the rocks around the frame.
- Paint the rocks using sharpies. Kids can get VERY creative with this!
5. Put magnets on the back of the rocks.
Have fun with this!