If You Love the Birds- Then Feed Them!
I don’t know about you but I love hearing the birds chirp and watching them from my sunroom window. That’s especially true this time of year in the state of Michigan where the temperature and the snow keeps nature at bay. Feeding the birds not only helps them have food but selfishly it brings them within my view.
How To Make A Pinecone Bird Feeder:
- First, you will need the following materials: medium or large pinecones, string, wire, or pipe cleaners, peanut butter, and bird seed.
2. Start by tying or fastening your string, wire or pipe cleaner to the top portion of your pinecone. Leave enough extra to tie the pinecone to a tree branch when you are finished.
3. Now take a butter knife or a spoon filled with peanut butter and apply it to the openings in the pinecone.
4. Sprinkle bird seed on all of the peanut butter.
5. Take the deliciously finished pinecone and tie it to a tree.
6. Enjoy watching the little creatures enjoy a filling meal. Wait a minute, that’s not a bird! But he sure is enjoying his treat.